Mission: Preserving Memories
We offer mobile high speed scanning services as well as organization of those items in a digital format for safekeeping and preservation. We transfer these memories to a more modern format, and provide you an archival DVD, USB flash drive and/or storage on a portable hard disk drive or your own personal computer.
We provide the best possible scan and touch up to ensure the best photo possible for your library. These files can then be shared with loved ones for many generations through duplicate DVD’s, social media, email, slideshows, photo albums. We can introduce you to cloud storage options and help set them up for you.
Contact us for your Free 15-30 minutes phone or in-person consultation to review your needs and establish a personalized digitalization plan for you.
Why Choose Us
- Mobile scanning in your home of your photo collection, photo organization into named folder for easy access on your computer and an archival DVD for safekeeping. You now have the ability to share your photos in numerous ways, produce keepsakes, photo books, memory slideshows and movies. Scanning will preserve your photos for future generations.
- We are mobile —- we come to you. Your precious belonging do not leave your home or office.
- For business’s, museums, societies – we provide a mobile service in your place of business so again your documents do not leave your facility until you are ready to store them.
We will provide you with an enjoyable experience to organize your memories and important documents.
• Print Photographs (those in boxes or photo albums)
• Document scanning – Private, confidential documents as well as momentos and cherished memories.
We also offer mobile Notary and Loan Document signing services. We are bonded and licensed in the State of California.
We are a company built on trust and confidentiality and preservation of your most precious life stories.
We come to your home or office or will pick up your items to work on in our office. We service the greater Orange County area and outlying area. Contact us with your specific location and for pricing estimate.
We use a state of the art quality, high speed, optical scanner, the Kodak Alaris and Kodak Picture Saver Scanning System and a Flatbed scanner to handle larger items such as newspapers, albums, certificates, awards or loan documents.
KODAK A3 and Legal Size Flatbed Scanner to handle oversize and fragile pictures and documents, including scrapbook pages; Document Separation Module; KODAK Gentle Photo Separation Module, KODAK Photo Selector Accessory
• Optical Resolution: 600 DPI
• Output Resolution: 300, 600 and 1200 (1200 is interpolated) dpi
• File Format Output: Picture scanning: single-page JPEG or TIFF
• Document scanning: single and multi-page TIFF, JPEG, RTF, BMP, PDF, searchable PDF
• Supported Output Media: Portable USB drives, DVD, CD, KODAK Picture CD
• Maximum Photo Size: Scanner: 216 mm x 863 mm (8.5 in. x 34 in.)
Scanner with A3 Flatbed: 302 mm x 461 mm (11.9 in. x 18.2 in.)
Minimum Photo Size 50 mm x 63.5 mm (2 in. x 2.5 in.)
Having a love of Family history, genealogy and being the family historians brought us to this business. We have a love of photography and many years of experience capturing a large extended family in photos. We have become the “go to” people for creating family memory movies for milestone events, creating video collages with music, slideshows for weddings, funerals, anniversaries and vacation photobooks, birthdays, retirements. We share a passion for what our photos and saved documents tell us about our ancestors and ourselves. We want to preserve that information for future generations. Having painstakingly gone through the organization process of our own 75,000 digital photos, 50,000 printed photos and several handed down family photo albums we know the overwhelming task and responsibility that having all these memories entails. Not to mention the time commitment involved.
Photographs, Photo Albums and documents are the insight into our lives and tell the story of who we are. They are as unique and special as the people they include. They deserve to be protected and preserved in the latest technical format. You will regain your storage space by allowing you to dispose of bulking storage boxes, filled filing cabinets, have the ability to find that special photo or document you are looking for more easily. This service is perfect for those wishing to get organized, downsize, transfer their cherished stories to future generations.
We can place the items in any number of folders that you help create to locate and sort after the items are digitized.
If there are next steps you wish to pursue such as photo albums, tagging of photos, further organization, or duplication we can assist with that as well.
We offer a pay per scan pricing that is competitive with the big box operations where your items are out of your possession during the process.
We can scan approximately 400 photos or 40 standard documents per hour.
Per Scan Pricing – depending on quantity and size of items from $.20 – $.40 per item.
Our travel time and set up time are not included as an hourly rate.
Take advantage of our ½ hr no cost pre-assessment of your project scope.
Additional DVD available for $12.00
Additional Flash Drives available $15.00 – $40.00 depending upon size
A lifetime of memories is held in our photos. It’s never too late to get your memories organized.
If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you are wanting to organize and preserve your printed photo collections.
In today’s world, photos are everywhere! And it’s not just our photos that are on old hard drives, stashed in beat-up shoeboxes and hidden in random school photo albums, it’s even our parent’s photos that are disorganized and haven’t seen the light of day in decades!
Our photos connect us to our past, show where we’ve traveled on our life journey and leave a legacy for our children. They are often considered amongst our most precious belongings yet they are frequently forgotten and left unorganized and unprotected as a “someday” project.
If your photos are a valuable piece of your life, we want to support you in creating an organized, preserved collection. Whether you have boxes of printed photos buried in a closet or old photos in albums you’d like to scan and share with your family, we offer services to support you.
We have a strong passion for helping you organize and simplify your photographic memories. We want to help you enjoy, share and relive the moments of your life.
If you are:
• Overwhelmed with trying to find and gather all your photos into one spot.
Downsizing and have shelves full of old albums & scrapbooks that won’t fit in your new home.
• Frustrated with trying to understand all the “photo-organizing” technology.
• Embarrassed with the disorganized mess (of family history you should be passing on to your kids & grandkids)
This is a great option for those who don’t know where to start! (Or for those who won’t let their photos leave the house;). We help you create a plan, sort through your photo clutter, safely remove photos from old albums and scan right in the convenience of your own home:
• Digital4Keeps team of two digital organizers
• Setup & use of Scanning Equipment (for the allotted time)
• PS80 – high speed photo scanner
• Flatbed Accessory
• Laptop & Picture Saver Software
• Sorting & organization of physical photos
• Safe removal of photos from aging albums (if desired)
• Scanning & conversion to jpeg or TIFF files at 300, 600 or 1200dpi
• All files saved to flash drive or client’s external hard drive or Archival DVD.
During our photo/document organizing sessions, we will
• Scan your items.
• Hand Cropped to the edge of the image to remove any over scan border
• Rotating of each image to the proper orientation
• Image-By-Image minor correction of color problems
• Two sets of trained eyes review each and every photo
• Gather and sort your printed and digital photos
• Show/Teach you how to organize your photos
• Create filenames and keywords so you can easily locate your photos
• Provide assistance in setting up digital backup systems
• Suggest safe photo storage options
• Share resources for creating photo projects
• Provide guidance, direction and support to you throughout the process
• Establish a routine to maintain an organized photo collection
• Help you find joy in sharing your precious memories
• Support you in achieving your photo organizing goals
We offer mobile services in Orange County CA. You will receive your digitized photos and video on DVD, flash drive or External Hard drive. If you are far out of our area, we can negotiate with and you can ship your materials to us:
• 50% of adults say that saving pictures for future generations is important
• 25% of adults find organizing their photos to be overwhelming
• 18% of adults fear that their photos will not be accessible in the future
Billy Hulkower, Mintel Technology Analyst
Photos in a pile pic or Photo Montage (1st choice)
What Client’s Say
I had Digital4Keeps scan over 100 photos to be used in a funeral slideshow. Some of the photos were very old and fragile. They came out in the slideshow looking better than the actual photo, cropped and sized to fit into the slide show and organized to show a portrait of the life of a very special man in our family.
Let me say something. You have an amazing theme and amazing/awesome support. They helped me on weekend. This is what I call an “extra mile” in customer relationship. So I gave 5 stars for the theme and if I could, I’d give 10 stars for support.